At Ohio Sports & Spine Institute, every patient is treated like an athlete.
Our goal is for you to successfully and safely “return to play” or activity as soon as possible.
Whether you’re a high school, collegiate or professional athlete; runner, golfer, weekend warrior, just starting a work-out routine, or a kid-chasing parent or grandparent, we have the knowledge, expertise, and experience to get you back to your active lifestyle.
When an injury interrupts your athletic pursuits or recreational hobbies, we know how frustrating that can be. When you’re recovering from a sports injury or surgery, you want expert care tailored to your unique needs and goals.
Our sports medicine team of non-surgical sports medicine physicians and physical therapists will develop an individualized treatment plan to properly treat your injury using evidence-based sports medicine and rehabilitation. Our team will address your injury, educate you on how to prevent re-injury, and guide you to return to play or activity.
Our sports medicine team will provide guidance to get you back in the game safely and as quickly as possible. We will work with you to address and improve your flexibility, strength, endurance, functional movement, performance, and overall health.
If you’re an athlete looking to treat, rehabilitate, or prevent a sports-related injury, our sports medicine physicians and therapy team are here to help.
Our sports medicine team uses a multi-specialty approach to provide comprehensive individualized patient-centered care using evidence-based sports medicine and rehabilitation to treat, manage, and prevent sports injuries.
Our sports medicine team includes:
- Board Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
- Board Certified Chiropractic Orthopedist
- Board Certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician
- Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants
Our Physical Therapy Department is trained in:
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Functional Movement Screens (FMS)
- Champion Performance Specialist (C-PS)
- Y Balance Test (YBT)
Our areas of expertise include:
- Evaluation and treatment of nonsurgical injuries and post-surgical care
- Post-surgical rehabilitation including fractures, reconstructive and repair surgical procedures
- Refer and co-manage patients with orthopedic surgeons when warranted
- Acute injuries such as sprains, strains, joint injuries and dislocations.
- Overuse injuries including stress fractures, tendonitis, strains and aggravation of osteoarthritis
- Pediatric and Adolescent spine injuries including spondylolysis (pars stress fracture) and spondylolisthesis
- Diagnosis and management of concussions and post-concussion syndrome
- “Return to play” decisions for injured athletes -Pre-participation physical examinations (sports physicals) for Jr. High and High School Athletes
- Functional movement evaluations
- Blood flow restriction training
- Gait and running analysis
- Laser biofeedback squat and movement analysis
- Exercise prescriptions for people who want to become more active
In addition, our sports medicine physicians and therapists work with local high school sports teams providing side-line coverage.
Our team also consults with local high school athletic trainers, coaches, and athletic directors on acute and repetitive use injuries, prevention of sports injuries, and sports performance enhancement.
Commonly Treated Post-Surgical Sports Medicine Conditions include:
Commonly Treated Non-Surgical Sports Medicine Conditions include:
Schedule an Appointment
Get started with a consultation to evaluate the source of your pain and the best course of action to alleviate that discomfort