What is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic Care is a natural method of health care that focuses on the cause of a physical problem rather than treating the symptom. In short, chiropractic care focuses on having a normal functioning spine, the lifeline of the nervous system. Chiropractic Care can help:
- Lower back pain – Chiropractors are trained to use a technique called spinal manipulation to treat lower back pain. This manipulation can improve the physical function by allowing for moderate relief from the pain.
- Headaches – Headaches caused by muscle tension are quite common. Although drugs and pain relievers can make the pain go away, they don’t correct the underlying cause of the headache. Chiropractic care seeks out this underlying cause whether it is nerves, muscle tension, jaw problems or lack of blood flow to the brain.
- Allergies – Chiropractic care can help reduce the frequency and severity of allergies by making your body and immune system better equipped to fight. When the spine is mis-aligned, the nervous system is under stress and the immune system cannot work properly. Chiropractic works in aligning the spine which, in turn, makes for a stronger, healthier immune system and one that can fight the effects of allergies.
- Sleep issues – Too often, people reach for sleeping pills to help them get a good night’s sleep when, in fact, that is really not treating the underlying cause of the insomnia. Chiropractic care can take the proper steps to identify he symptoms and then treat it accordingly.
If you have any one of these conditions, chiropractic care might be right for you!
Who Can Benefit From Chiropractic Care?
Basically everyone! Those that can benefit the most include:
- Blue Collar Workers. These persons generally do a lot of physically demanding work which causes neck and back problems. Professions include (not are not limited to) construction workers, lawn maintenance workers, carpenters, tennis pros and golf pros.
- Children. Children are oftentimes playing sports and just plain “playing hard” (climbing, running, jumping, etc.) so it helps to have the spine checked out regularly.
- Pregnant Women. The undo stress on the uterus can definitely put the spine out of position and chiropractic care can help to keep the spine and vertebrae properly aligned.
- The Elderly. Chiropractic Care can help promote better flexibility and mobility, and can help prevent dependence on drugs.
If you fall in to one of these categories, chiropractic care might be right for you! Call our Boardman office at (330) 758-9400 or our East Liverpool office at (330) 386-6500 to make an appointment!